Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yo...una gitana?

Today I learned a lot. Here is a list for your reading pleasure. (pics at the end)

- For less than the price of a normal meal, I can buy a LOT of stuff at Tesco.

- It takes approximately one month for me to become VIP at Rincon Latino.

- I'm bringing bachata back. Un cubano me confirmó que bailo bachata como "profesional". ;-)

- An old Cuban guy at Rincon that I always wanted to be my friend (he is super cool) finally talked to me tonight, and we danced quite a bit. I learned that he never talked to me before because he thought I was a gypsy.

- Another cubano confirmed that I could, in fact, be mistaken for a gypsy. In Rincon, anyway.

- My Slovak boy IS a gypsy. He is also kinda lame. We probably won't even speak again. A relationship in which one person speaks only Czech and one person speaks everything but Czech does not work.

- It doesn't matter because he is leaving for Slovakia on Monday for a month, and by that time I'll be in Pittsburgh. I figure if it's meant to be, I'll see him when I get back here again.

- The curly-mullet guy is Cuban. I have been wondering for a while, because he looks just like my Mexican friend Raphael in the face.

- That I have "movimiento latina", and that just as I suspected, the boys of Rincon confirmed that Czech girls cannot move like latina girls. Oh yeah, and they all think I'm Puerto Rican. Oops.

I think that's it.
I am going to go rinse the smoke smell off me and go to sleep.

Pictures from the weekend --
Rincon Weekend, March 20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment