Monday, March 9, 2009

If it's in English, it's good enough for me.

Saturday was a lazy day after the night I had. I stayed in bed and watched TV and took little catnaps for a lot of the day, until Moff called later to see if I wanted to go to dinner. So we ventured down to old town again and found a random little place where the food was good. I finally had real apple streudel in Eastern Europe, where it comes from. I like anything with apples so I'm easy to please, but it was definitely the best I've had.

Later that night I was bored and checked in to see what Katy was doing and we decided to go out to the same place AGAIN which I'm not bored of yet. I met a guy from Peru but the night was pretty boring aside from that. We danced until around 4 when I decided I should go since I was attending a Catholic mass in Spanish the next day at 12:30pm.

So I went back, went to bed, got up a few hours later, and found my way on the metro to Malostranske Namesti where I met up with a Czech guy named Jan who invited me to the service. The church was AMAZING - I've never seen anything so beautiful, seriously. I thought the one at Sé in São Paulo was amazing but it doesn't even compare. I'll go back in a couple weeks and take some pictures.

After Church we went to a little party in another part of the church that had a little kitchen and a big table. Jan introduced me to some of his friends, and I talked to a really sweet Peruvian woman named Miriam for a while. I left around 3pm to find two texts and two missed calls from the Peruvian guy, Luis, so I called back and it turned out he wanted to hang out that night. I said sure, that'd be fun, and then he said, "I live about 100km from where you are, so I'll need to stay over at your house tonight."
I said, "Um, I don't have a house here."
He said, "Oh well whatever, your apartment."
I said, "Nope, no apartment - I am in a hotel."
"Right, so that's okay."
"No, that's not okay - I have one bed."
"And?"

Creeper. I said, "Hmm better if we hang out some other time." I didn't say that the other time would be never. :)

After I got back I hung out and talked to Morad online for a while, not sure what is happening or will happen there but at least it's always interesting. Then went to the mall, walked around, bought some Lebanese food for dinner and a few grocery/toiletry type items at Tesco, and went back to watch some Anchorman.

Around 9:30pm Kristel arrived from Leuven and we went for a drink, while my laundry was in. All in all a very pleasant weekend.

Today was uneventful but good... stressful at usual but in a good way... and I'm still happy. I'm excited to see my friends and family in a month.

Tonight went for dinner with Marco d.H. who's in town now, and Kristel and Moff. Again, uneventful but pleasant. I'm turning in early tonight. I'm watching the only thing on TV that's in English right now, which is some policey murder movie that I wouldn't normally watch.

Sorry this was lame, I'm not feeling all that creative.

Hugs to Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment