Sunday, March 29, 2009

Feeling a little better

After I was feeling yucky I went out. I walked around Tesco and the mall for a while (my favorite activity - at home I walk around Wal-mart and the mall when I'm bored, same thing I guess). When I left my room someone else down the hall was just leaving his room as well, and we were in the elevator together and started talking. He's from Holland and we had a nice, albeit short, conversation. He's here alone as well so maybe I'll run into him again, that would be nice. He's just on vacation, though. I'm afraid I'll only ever meet tourists here and never have any permanent friends.. I guess that's the downside of a city like Prague. In Pittsburgh you never have to worry about the people you meet being tourists. :)

I didn't buy much on my little trip.. I decided to try the Chinese food at the mall which was really not good at all. It was satisfying enough though, because I hadn't eaten yet today. I came back here and watched an episode of Ugly Betty on that illegal website that has all the TV shows and movies, and enjoyed it more than I ever did at home (since everything here is in German or Czech).

I was all psyched to watch Double Shot at Love at 22:00, so I went down to the elevator area (which is a nice open space with big windows and comfy chairs) to read for a while, just because I was tired of being in my room. There was a clock outside the window at the busstop across the street, so I timed it so I'd get back to my room at 9:45 so I could take a shower, then I'd go to bed after that. But, that clock wasn't changed yet, so when I got back here it was just about over.

No big loss, it's one of the only shows in English so I try to catch it, but really I don't need to be timing my night around a show about bi-sexual identical twins trying to find true love.

Anyway...since the channels have all gone German again... I am going to go take a shower and settle into bed to work on a crossword puzzle and hopefully fall asleep, despite the fact that I slept all day.

I'll snap out of this funk tomorrow, I always feel better during the week because work gives me something to do.

Sorry I'm so depressing today. I shouldn't be allowed to write in my blog on weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment