Saturday, March 7, 2009

How to repair broken electronics in the Czech Republic

As you all know, I've been very into watching my Are You Afraid of the Dark DVDs while I've been here, since there is very little English TV to be watched. (Well, that's going to change now that Leila introduced me to www.ch131.com).

Anyway, yesterday I finished a disc of episodes and when I went to change it, it kept trying to open and flashed the word "Blocked". I thought it might fix itself after cooling down a bit, but today it was doing the same. I called the front desk to have someone come fix it.

Two guys came up a short time later, both started looking at it, and then one hit the top of it. Still nothing.

So he hit it harder. And then it opened. Then they smiled at me, said something in Czech, and left.

I guess now I know what to do next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment