Thursday, March 5, 2009

Names have been changed to protect the troublemakers

It's been a couple days since I've updated - I've been so busy!

Work-wise, it's our first live week and everything is going well. I feel optimistic and happy, despite some big changes and a few little obstacles. That's all I have to report, really. :)

Tuesday night after work I set up a dinner to that awesome Croatian restaurant I went to the week before with Moff, Tiago, and Leila. This time Management is in town. To protect their identities to the rest of the world, we'll call them Danny Russo and Danger O'Toole. It was a nice dinner - the Croatian place has actually a half-Croatian half-Italian menu, and has probably the coolest decor of any restaurant I've ever seen. We got there and back by tram, and had a lovely dinner. It was all very enjoyable. I was sad Moff couldn't come at the last minute, but I told him I'd make it up to him by buying him dinner another time... and then expensing it. :)

After Danny Russo, Jess, and Valeria went back to their hotel, Danger O'Toole suggested we go for a nightcap. We called Moff to see if he wanted to come, and he said in about a half hour he'd come down. So Danger and I headed down to a bar along the main street near the metro and started out with a couple of Staropramens. A waiter came up to get our orders at the beginning and asked me right away, "Hablas español?" I replied that I did - turns out he is from Xalapa, Mexico! I told him I was just in Veracruz last August, so we chit-chatted through the night. He also called me "corazón" and asked for my number at the end of the night. So it just goes to show - even in Prague, 1. I will find Mexican waiters and 2. They still like me here. We ended up staying until about 1:00 AM, having really nice conversation and laughing. Danger is a really cool guy, never knew him before we ended up in Prague at the same time. Go figure.

Work came and went yesterday (Wednesday) and after work, I went with Moff and Danger on a metro, got off in a very touristy area, and walked for a long time. We kept going and finally decided to stop at an Italian restaurant down in Stare Mesto (I think - I was so backwards at this point from all the walking and the little streets). We had a tasty dinner - pizza for Danger and me, and pasta for Mofstra University), went on our way, and got a metro back. I got to bed around midnight.

And now we're caught up...

I miss my mom.

3 comments: