Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Afghanis

I feel like I've become really boring. My first few weeks here were so exciting and now it's like, ho hum, I'm walking around Prague. I'm at that point where I'm not ecstatic about every little street I see, etc. That's not at all to say that I'm not happy here, because I am - I could totally see myself living here. It's almost nice to be in this phase now. I'm even understanding more Czech than before (that's not to say I can speak it, but I at least know what people are asking me usually).

It's been uneventful this week, really. Yesterday I went to dinner with Moffers and Kristel, and afterward Kristel and I went to Humanic where I spent too much money on effing SWEET european shoes. I seriously should have brought an empty suitcase to fill with euro shoes. I LOVE them. Shoe shopping here is my greatest pleasure ever. I got some that are super euro looking, I've never seen anything like them in the US (maybe I'm just shopping in the wrong places?). But they are borderline ugly, but really comfy, and just look... euro. That's all I can say. And I paid around $80 USD for them and I don't care at all. :)

Work today felt good. I ended up trying this Afghani restaurant tonight with Moffers that we saw around before and wanted to go to, and since he's leaving Friday this was kind of our last hurrah together (since tomorrow the whole team will probably do something). We both ordered two things and tried a bit of everything, and afterward I had baklawa that was borderline as good as mine. It was different, it wasn't flaky like normal baklawa but it was kinda soft, more like real pastry and not made from fillo dough. The whole thing was awesome. This old man kept smiling at me the whole time, who turned out to be the owner, and every time Dan or I ran out of drink or needed something, the man would yell, "YA SHAB!!" (HEY BOY!) and the guy would come running to us.. haha.

I suspect that I was probably getting the Arab treatment, even though we didn't speak.

The guy gave Dan a friendly wave at the end and blew me a kiss - I will definitely be going back there. Naima and Leila - we should go together, you'd love it.

That's about it.. I'm still feeling sick (I've had a cold bugging me) so I'm gonna go to Tesco and pick up a couple things, including a whole bunch of cough drops.

I'm going to Berlin in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayayayyayayyay Prague is so cool.

I miss the week when Danger was here. And I miss Maira and Bethany. And I saw a puppy in the mall today and though of Nasser, and I miss him, too. :(

One more month... I can't believe I won't be in Prague anymore. It almost feels like home now... how weird.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Lashish in Dearborn.
    Now, tell me...did you order carrot juice?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL omgz, I should have. Dude we need to do a trip to Dearborn, and then go gamble in Canada before I go.

    ReplyDelete