Saturday, September 12, 2009

You've always got a friend in Björk

Work was hectic today. I was all alone adminning a terrible series of auctions. How does one end up with a job he/she didn't apply for? It's beyond me. Nevertheless, there's an end in sight.

This end is called THE WEEKEND, and it's here. I had plans to come home after work, take a nap, primp, and go dancing. Instead I hung around the office a bit, called my mom, then walked around with Beliza. We went to the mall just to get phone credit for her, then to the center to buy movie tickets to see the new Almodovar film, "Los Abrazos Rotos". We met with her Portguese friend who was super cool and funny, had a nice dinner, then met Rob at the movie.

As it turns out, I don't speak Spanish after all; I understood about 40% of the movie. I know for a fact that this is due to the fact that they were speaking castellano, and I speak dirty street Spanish. Whatever, if we ever go see a Mexican movie, I'll be in the winner's seat, and they'll all sit there going, "What does 'no manches' mean?" So I guess one day the world will make sense again.

I thought of going with them for a beer after the movie but I felt a bit shaken from not understanding an entire movie in Spanish (keep in mind, the subtitles were in Czech, so I was really relying on Spanish only), and just wanted to walk alone for a while. I headed to the metro station.

Please make a note of today as an historical event: Today was the first day I was stopped by the transit police and asked for my pass. I pulled it out with a big smile on my face, he probably thought I was crazy. I guess I feel so good because it's nice to know there's an actual reason for paying 1500Kc for something (it's good for 3 months).

Anyway, it's 12:07am and I could easily go to sleep but I think by around 1am I'll head to Rincon for a while. I really want to go dancing and Friday nights are always better than Saturday nights there. I hate going alone but it's better than sitting in my apartment and wondering what fun I could be having. Besides, I went alone last week and had a great time. So there.


Adios, mi gente.

No comments:

Post a Comment