Saturday, September 12, 2009

No lo haga' otra ve', no me gu'ta

Rincon wasn't so bad, but I've had much better times.

I got there around 1:15am, had a couple cuba libres, and just watched people dance. The guy from last week, Pablito, was there. I saw him notice me and then get all clingy all over a woman, which of course didn't bother me in the least but he kept trying to do in front of me to "make me jealous". I forgot to mention that after last week and him trying to be all creepy, I didn't answer any of his text messages or phonecalls (yes, before he was creepy, I made the mistake of giving him my number). I ignored it and when he noticed I wouldn't look anymore, he came over.

To make a long story short, he gave me quite a lecture about what a horrible person I am to not return his calls/texts, then told me he wanted to be my boyfriend, then got f'realz angry when I said I had no interest because I "don't date people who yell at me like a father yells at a little girl." He ignored me after that. Mission accomplished :)

I did dance with one really nice cuban guy....who ended up having a girlfriend. Oh well, it's always nice to dance with anyone. I left around 4:30am, sufficiently tired and satisfied that I at least got out of the house.

I stood outside talking to a Macedonian guy for a while who I met the week before, who isn't any kind of interest but is just really nice. He told me how he's looking for a job now because he hates working in a pizza shop, and that he speaks about 5 languages. I asked of course, "Do you have any experience with computers?" He said, "Oh, yes, quite a bit - well, really just with the Internet, MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc." I said, "Send me your CV." :) Here's hoping he turns out not to be an idiot and gets hired and stays for 3 months. Hellooooo trip to Spain and Morocco!

And on my walk home, I noticed I was walking next to a guy who vaguely resembled my brother - shaved head, thick-ish framed glasses, handsome face. I tend to not pay much attention to Czechs, but we kept walking the same way. At every street we'd smile a bit because I think we were both wondering when one of us would turn in a different direction - it was a bit awkward because we didn't speak but were basically walking home together, and were the only people in the street.

Finally at Karla Englise, he turned a different way and we both laughed a little but still didn't speak. As it turned out, we just took different ways around the block - imagine a square - he went one direction and turned, I went the other, and we met at the diagonal opposite corner at the stoplight. Finally he looked at me and started to laugh, and I also laughed and said, "I swear I'm not following you." He smiled and said, "So where do you live, so I know if we live in the same apartment." :) I said, "Na Brezince." He said, "Me too.. which number?" I said, "15." He said, "24 - so we are neighbors!"

We had the nicest chat after that. He's 27, works in IT, and was just out with his friends celebrating a breakup from some horrible girlfriend.. ha. We stood outside our buildings talking for at least a half hour, finally exchanged numbers, and went home. As soon as I got in he texted me to ask if I had Facebook, added me, and to my delight, he is happily normal. He has pics of his family, his dog.

Looks like I've made my first real Czech friend :) I'm also his first foreign friend. So, yay for me and Petr.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief! You do more and see more people and have more excitment during the hours that I'm sleeping than I do in 6 weeks. Probably more! So glad you're enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete