Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Turn the dial to techno

After work today I went to Tesco and bought my smartest purchase yet: A CLOCK RADIO!! For one thing, my sad little cell phone alarm simply cannot wake me up anymore. For another - radio!! Hello!?!?

I came home and started dallying around with my things, trying to put things in some kind of order, when I got the idea to ask Petr (my handsome Czech neighbor who I met walking home at 5-something a.m.) if it's okay to put giant boxes out on the curb when it's not garbage day (this is a no-no in PGH). He was online and confirmed it was fine, and then asked if I needed help. With boxes, not so much, but I did still need my wireless, and he is an IT guy :) So I mentioned this and he came over about 15 mins later.

I tried to do this myself about 10x, and he did it in a matter of 5 minutes. Boys and their talents.. I love it. Anyway he sat and had some tea, and we chatted, and then he had to get home to see his favorite program :) Not before he helped me carry some big boxes downstairs (with ease, as I struggled:), and I broke the full-length mirror on my wall :( Oh well.

Now I'm here unpacking more and putting clothes into my wardrobe/drawers. I think once all the linens/clothes/shoes are put away, I'll have a lot less to deal with. After that, kitchen stuff is the next biggest. Then it's just odds and ends. I can totally finish all this by Sunday. :)

We're on our way to a Halloween party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment