Sunday, September 13, 2009

I wear my sunglasses at night

Yesterday ended up being pretty fun.

I woke up late (since I got home around 5:30am:) and kind of bummed around until 5pm. I met Diana around 6pm to go to support our fellow Aribians in a race they were running (5km for the girls, 10km for the guys). We took a very crowded metro, met up with everyone at Franz Kafka Cafe, then headed over to the race route. It was really fun to cheer everyone on and I think the group really appreciated the support.

After that, Diana and I were dying for Afghani food so we raced down there, praying it would still be open and serving dinner. We got there in time and ordered half the menu. Beliza called right after we ordered and asked if I wanted to go have a drink, and I said, "Are you hungry? Come meet us!" So she did, and we shared the big meal between three of us - thank goodness she came, it was way too much food for two.

Once we'd eaten, I casually mentioned that I didn't want to go home yet. Diana said, "Of course not! Let's go to Rincon!" Beli was in, too, so we three ladies headed over. It took a little while to get good, but once it filled up we had soooo much fun - dancing and drinking and just enjoying each other's company. I have fun when I go by myself, but it's way more fun with a couple of girlfriends. Beliza left around 2:45am or so, which really would have been plenty, but Diana and I ended up staying until nearly 5am :) What a great night. I've also learned that once I have a few cuba libres in me, I have the courage to ask random guys to dance, and you know what? They always say yes!

So it was a good day :) It's nearly 1pm now. I think I'll throw on some clothes, go to Tesco and do some shopping, come back, eat something (my cupboards and refrigerator are bare), then relax for the afternoon, maybe do some cleaning, and then go to the Mexican Carnaval party at Smichov Beach.


And, on a final note, a very happy birthday to my dear friend Jorge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment