Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Slowly but surely...

...things are getting done.

I did a lot of searching yesterday but I finally got some things resolved.

1. I found a cleaning service to come to my apartment and rid it of all the bug corpses. It is really dirty and unless I buy a lot of cleaning products and a ladder, I won't be able to do it myself. I figure, better to leave this big initial cleaning to professionals, and then I can maintain it after that. Turns out this is pretty common here, and also cheap - the whole thing will cost me about $20 USD, and that includes walls, windows, floors, balcony, doors, etc. Very niiice!

2. After a lot of searching and calling yesterday, I finally got internet service. Well, they are mailing me my modem and then on September 8, they are coming to install it for me. So that's definitely exciting :) Only one more week of boredom.

3. The plumber is coming today to check on the toilet (which fills very slowly and can only be flushed every 30 mins or so), the shower sprayer (which has a very low pressure), and also the gas stove (which will not stay lit).

4. My things are scheduled to arrive on Sept 11. I'm hoping to be lucky and have them arrive even a couple days sooner :)

5. After the cleaning and fixing, the next step will be finally getting a bed! After that, a couch, after that a chair, and after that an oven. Somewhere in there a DVD player as well, unless my Wii works, in which case I'll just use that for a while :)


So, I expect that in about 2 months, all of the above will be completely settled. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment