Thursday, September 10, 2009

Does a body good

I can't stop drinking milk. I have this belief (of which I have no medical proof) that when we're craving something weird, it's our body's way of telling us we need it. This does not include things like, "Oh I want a candybar."

But there have been times that I had a really weird craving for, let's say, orange juice. I've never been much of a juice drinker, but all of a sudden I'd just be dying for it, and couldn't stop thinking about it until I had it.

Well for about 3 weeks now, I've been dying for milk. I *never* drink milk back home - but, thinking back, I do get calcium in a lot of other ways. For instance I'd frequently eat cereal in the morning, and have some that way. Or I'd have cheese in one way or another almost every day. And since I've been here, I don't eat cereal (because Czech cereal SUCKS, yeah, I said it), and I don't really eat cheese. And now this milk craving.

The milk craving is still going on, even though I've been through two boxes of it in the last two days. Tomorrow I'll do a good Tesco shopping because I'm out of nearly everything, and I'll buy another two or three. That should get me through the weekend. :)


In other news, after work today I went with Beliza and Adina to a festival with rock bands. Czech rock bands. There were tons of hippies and crazies, for example I saw one guy who had his hair in big spikes around his head, and then about 5 long dreadlocks in the back.

Beliza's friends (well, she just met some of them tonight, too, but she was connected to them in some other way) were super nice. They were very cool girls, and I'm kind of sad that they're done here in October - I could have seen hanging out with them again.

Adina and I sat together a lot and had some really nice conversation. All in all I had a great time.

Oh, and one band played Ozzy Osbourne's "Iron Man", but with Czech lyrics, and had accompaniment by clarinet and violin. Talk about a crazy train.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're drinking more milk. Whatever it takes to make sure your calcium intake is sufficient. Osteoporosis (among several things) is no joke for us ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true!! The world should be aware.

    ReplyDelete