Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Royal Misunderstanding

I can't believe I forgot to share my funniest moment in Prague yet with my loyal readers.

I was in Rincon Latino my first weekend. Leila and Naima had left, and I decided to stay for one more drink. I didn't want another mojito, and Czech beer comes in such a huge glass. I decided to ask for an old favorite - a bottle of Corona with a juicy lime.

The bartenders are Cuban. They speak Spanish and Czech. So of course, I chose Spanish.

Me: Una Corona con limón, por favor.
Bartender: Una corona con limón?
Me: Sí, gracias.
(waiting)

Now, not everyone speaks Spanish, so I'll fill you in. The Czech currency is the "Koruna", or as we say in English, the "crown". Corona in Spanish also means crown.

He returned to my spot at the bar and gave me: a one-crown coin, a piece of lime, and a smile.

:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment