Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dream, Dream Away

I had some really interesting dream "blurbs" last night. Dreams where nothing really happens and you can't remember a whole plot, but just moments.

Blurb 1:
I was riding the bus with Hernaldo, and we were sharing headphones like we used to, and listening to his iPod. I was slouched down with my head on his shoulder, and he had his arm around me. This one made me sad and wistful :(

Blurb 2:
I was at the big "plaza" area around the National Theater here in Prague with Leila, Tiago and Farid, but there was a big wooden gazebo with tables and benches. Leila was sitting and just watching, and Farid and Tiago were on rollerblades skating all around the place. I was writing letters to people back home but I had like 40 sheets of paper, as if I'd been writing for hours, and just turning the page and writing more each time, front and back. When Farid asked me what I was doing, I told him, "I'm just writing a journal," because I was embarrassed for writing so many letters home.

Blurb 3:
I was at a cafe where they taught basic/conversational Spanish classes with Shannon (in the dream, she wanted to learn Spanish). She said a few sentences in Spanish (the one I remember was "Me llamo Shannon") and asked me how she sounded - I said, "To be honest, your accent is too soft and pretty, it has to be harsher - it's not French." (She actually does speak French with a very nice accent). Then I said, regarding the learning order of the languages (and that she learned French before Spanish), "It's easier to go from hard to soft than it is from soft to hard." Then we both screamed at the same time, "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID."

Yes, this really happened in my dream, and it was awesome.



There was another one but it was gross and involved a lot of blood, so I won't share that one. But these stuck with me when I woke up, so I thought I'd jot 'em down.

1 comment: