Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new old face in town

Brent is here, my buddy from the Pittsburgh office :) He got in yesterday. He didn't come to work yesterday due to getting in at like 7am and needing a day to let his body figure out its schedule, but we met up after I was off work to go walk around and have dinner. It felt cool to show someone else the ropes around here, since I'm usually the lost/clueless one. We had dinner at an Italian place where I've only ever ordered one thing because the thing I order is soooo effing good, then walked around the mall for some shopping. It's nice to have him around for a few weeks.

Today at work was stressful as usual, I'm starting to feel really frustrated. But, that's another story, and one that isn't for the blog. Instead I'll talk about after work. I went with Naima and Beliza to Mustek. We walked all around that area looking for a dress for Naima to wear to a wedding this weekend. I am proud to say I picked the winner and it looked fabulous :) After that we went to Palladium on a quest for shoes and who knows what else. We had a fun time walking around and it was really nice to have some girl time (shopping, giggling, you know how we do).

After the shopping around nearly 9pm, Naima headed home and Beliza and I went to a small place (whose name I didn't catch) to satisfy our hunger. We both had a really nice chicken salad that really hit the spot. The restaurant/bar/whatever you want to call it was a very cool spot, I could see going back for sure.

And now here I am, tired, sore feet from walking around in flip-flops (I am trying to find comfy walking shoes I like, but I am too picky:), and relieved to be home (in my temporary place.

It's 11:10pm and I am more than ready for bed.

Good night, world.

2 comments:

  1. The place is called Velryba (literally "big fish", so "whale"). Glad you liked it, even if we had to eat on a chessboard ;)

    ReplyDelete