Saturday, August 8, 2009

Did the needful

Today I did the needful. I went to work feeling just a bit sad with memories, but cheered up quickly. At 12:30 I met my reality friend, except he was 15 minutes late. No worries, he was quick to take my money and ask for more for Tuesday :) At least I'll have a roof over my head, I can't complain. I rushed to the bank then and was only 4 minutes late. The guy, Daniel, was very kind and helpful, and his English was definitely good enough to get by. I got a good deal with the account and am happy with my choice of bank.

Work blew up right around 3pm, and I ended up working till 6pm due to some leftover auction issues, leftover escalations, and a site admin request (I know). I went to Tesco and bought another few bags of stuff as I got very tired of the same pasta and sauce in just 3 days. The next thing on my wish list is a toaster, and once I have that I think I can stop wishing for things and can survive just fine. I really need to start saving, because this apartment is costing a lot more than expected (you pay like 3x the rent the first month). Luckily I found out today I'll be getting paid this month with everyone else - I was scared it would be one of those weird things where I don't get it until one month in or something, because that would really hurt.

Around 8:30-9pm I met up with Naima and Leila for Afghani food - it's still the best thing in the world. We had kofta and karai and ashak and some spinach and some afghani bread and a nice rice with carrots and raisins in it. Delicious. The owner even shared his plums with us at the end because we're such nice girls :)

We went to Rincon Latino after that for dancing but it was ridiculously hot in there, too crowded, all Czechs and hardly any latinos, and just generally not as fun as I remembered it. Naima left quickly, Leila soon after, and I stayed for one more drink alone just because I hate to go home early on a Friday night. Around 12:45am I caved and left, and was back in my temporary place by 1am. A shower never felt so good, it was so humid in there and it's even kind of humid outside, even though it's not hot.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'm not sure how I'm going to spend Saturday yet. I really need to do some work. If I get up early enough, maybe I'll go put in a few hours, then go walk around the center and take some pictures, have some lunch, and get some sun (hopefully it's sunny again tomorrow:).

Have a good evening, Pittsburgh. Prague is sleeping - if you don't believe me, look out my window at the empty streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment