Monday, August 17, 2009

Feeling confused

I feel so confused... I went to my bedroom to do a word puzzle, a diagramless one that my mom has been saying I'd enjoy (it is very fun, good call, Mom), but I guess I was a bit sleepy from the pasta because the next thing I woke up and it was 10:10pm!

Time to get the laundry!

So I went downstairs and the 3h machine was done, as expected. Then I saw the other one and my things were just sitting there, not moving, and a red light was blinking - never a good sign. What did it want from me? I pushed and pulled various knobs/buttons when I realized that one was turned to - yep - 70 degrees. Probably celsius?? Does water that hot exist? Eff - hopefully there wasn't anything shrinkable in there :( I am hoping that because it was on the delicates setting, nothing bad happened, but how will I know? I cannot open the door to the washer.

I finally got it to move again, but it started filling with water! It had already run nearly 4 hours, and it was filling with water again? I took a seat on the floor in front of it, legs crossed like an indian, and watched the show. It turned and turned for what seemed like ages in the water, so finally I pushed a button and turned a knob to something that looked like what might be a spin cycle (a swirly icon).

It washed a bit longer, then the water drained out and it started to spin at a speed I'd never seen/heard before. My poor clothes probably hate me. I sat for about 20 minutes when I realized the rest of my stuff from the other load was crumpled in a bag, still damp, so I came upstairs to put it on hangers and spread it around the apartment like decoration. I have things hanging from the handle of the refrigerator, the front door to the apartment, and from kitchen drawers.

Nothing seems to be ruined, so now I'm just praying for the other load where most of my work shirts were.

In other topics, how on earth do you lay out socks to dry? The best I could come up with was spread out on a table, but it seems like only one side will dry. I guess tomorrow I'll turn them over. I am imagining a device that will make socks dry easier... I wonder if it exists?

Sometimes when I talk like this I hear Marzio's voice in my head instead of my own, thick Italian accent and everything.

I think I need a vacation already.

No comments:

Post a Comment