Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One man's junk...

I was coming home from work/Tesco yesterday with some heavy bags. Struggling with the door and feeling a bit crabby from the slight drizzle, I set my things down to find my keys in my purse.

As I was fumbling, I heard a stifled giggle somewhere behind me. Going on the defensive, I wondered who thought my actions were so funny. I turned around to see...nobody. That was when I noticed a small pair of shoes/feet sticking out from one of the large boxes that I'd been putting outside the week before. There was a little Czech girl sitting inside!

Now, if I were in the US, I'd have played along and said out loud something like, "I wonder where that noise came from? I don't see anyone! It must be a ghost!" And then the child would giggle more, and I would tease with them a bit more and it would be adorable.

But alas, my Czech is terrible (actually a more fair word would be "non-existent"), so I just smiled to myself, opened the door, and went inside.

1 comment: