Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Missing Link

Before I left for Prague, my mom was working on a jigsaw puzzle - a Springbok (we are puzzle snobs, and Springbok is the best) - that I had bought her as a just-because gift.

Well she continued and continued after I left, working on it by herself, with a friend, with a couple friends, and then finally came to the end: there was a piece misssing.

Now, I had a lot of stuff out on the kitchen table (where the puzzle was) to pack - and the day the movers came, we said, "Boy I hope they don't pack any of the puzzle pieces by mistake."

When a piece went missing, we had to assume it was in one of my 20 or so boxes of stuff.

So here I am in my apartment, unpacking and listening to the Bob FM of the Czech Republic on the radio, when I finally got to a fun box - the spices!! I opened it up, removed a piece of packing paper, and lo and behold sitting on top of my two giant bottles of Frank's Red Hot was a tiny puzzle piece.

Mom, it will be in the mail soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah, you just wanted to play Ahmad and be able to say you put in the last piece. Oh, but I guess you didn't actually get to put in in, so there goes that theory!

    ReplyDelete