Sunday, October 18, 2009

I <3 New York

In four days I'm going to New York City to pick up my long-term work visa. It's official - Tara and Maira have their tickets and we're staying the whole weekend!! My entire heart just bursts with happiness every time I think of it. I'm so excited to see them, I can't even put it into words. We don't have much on the agenda for the trip, other than salsa dancing, clubbing, and going to Central Park (to try to find where Blair and Nate kissed in one episode of Gossip Girl). Either way it's going to be awesome, whatever we do, because we will all be together. Maira and Tara better be ready for me to squeeze the life out of them with 5000 hugs.

What else?

It was a good weekend. On Friday I invited Beliza and Henrique to dinner at my place and for Wii party. I made mujaddara (middle eastern dish made from lentils and rice with caramelized onions on top) and a lovely cucumber and tomato salad with homemade dressing. It was a wild success - the food was delicious, we had a blast playing Wii and drinking wine (with dinner) and white russians (after dinner), took a lot of pictures (see Facebook), and just generally had a good time.

Saturday I went to see a movie with Beliza in the afternoon and had some quick dinner afterward together, a nice talk as usual (she's one of the best people to have conversations with, I really feel like I can talk to her about anything), and then home. Katy and Derrick came over around 9pm and we had some drinks and played Wii. Katy and I got ready and then we all headed out to Radost for dancing. Around 2am we got bored there, it was full of annoying Americans (sorry, America), so we headed to Rincon Latino for more dancing. I mostly hung out with Sbendi and a couple other random people. Katy and Derrick left, I stayed a bit more, but got tired around 4:30am and headed home.

And today was just nothing.. I slept late and finished a book, started another book, watched the end of a movie Beli put on my computer, and watched the new episode of The Office. I talked to Tara for over an hour using my MagicJack (magicjack.com) and then to my mom just now for another hour or so. How lovely to be able to talk to people again in the comfort of my home. :)

It's about 9:30pm now. I think I'll read some more and go to bed early tonight.

Adios :)

1 comment: