Friday, April 10, 2009

Home is where you drink your pivo

Last night I met up with Miguel and his habibi friend Moataz for pizza and pivo. We had a lovely time and I was glad I got to see Miguel before I leave.

Today, work was hectic, but I got a lot done and I could leave without feeling like I had a million things hanging over my head.

After work, I went with Leila, Naima, and Naima's friend to a beer garden. This is something like the parking lot at a DMB concert, but with tables and cooler people. We ate "klobasa" with bread and drank some Gambrinus, hung out and talked, and then Naima and her friend left to go to a play. Tiago arrived shortly after, then Farid. We drank and laughed and told stories, then we played foosball!! It was my first time. For the first game I was pretty awesome, and Tiago and I were a great team... then the second game I started to suck :) Oh well, I very much enjoyed it.

Shortly after Farid left, and I spotted a cute boy nearby and we looked at each other a few times. After a little while he waved, then came over to talk. Turned out he was from Angola! So we spoke Portuguese, and he said he hopes he sees me again soon and that "Prague is small so we'll run into each other". Unfortunately I'm leaving tomorrow, so I made it Tiago's job to find him for me while I'm gone :) Ha.

Naima came back with her entourage, and we all sat for a while and talked but got tired and eventually left. I had my final goodbyes with Leila and Tiago (sad) and took a couple trams, and here I am, still half-packed and very sleepy.

I cannot wait to hug everybody.

And to go to Primanti's.

No comments:

Post a Comment