Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Allergies

I am sick!! Not really really sick, but enough so that getting through today was hard. Luckily my huge training sessions that I was giving ended yesterday, and today I just had a one-hour with a couple people that was a lot more casual, so I didn't have to be quite so "on". I got a new project assigned to me today and I'm geekily excited about it. It seems like it's kind of a big deal and definitely more involved than anything else I've had yet. I definitely made a good decision with my career path; the things they're giving me now are right up my alley. I'm feeling good :)

As for the sickness, I felt so wiped out this morning that I didn't go to breakfast, just ate an orange in my room, and got to work right on time (I'm usually early). My mom told me that I always used to be sick right around my birthday, since it's right between winter and springtime. I shared this with Alessio because he commented that I looked really tired/out of it, and mentioned that it's just allergies. He said I'm probably allergic to my birthday. :) I really like working with him.

I did laundry after work and since it takes so long, I took a really nice nap. Katy called once she was out of work, and around 8pm we went to dinner at an Italian place here in Andel. It was good and I'm soooo ready for bed, but I have to wait another 50 minutes or so for my clothes to be dry. I can be in bed by midnight, so that'll have to do.

I can't believe how soon I'm going home - it's only 9 more days! This weekend is going to be great (if I'm feeling better). Friday night I'll be at Rincon Latino, Saturday during the day I have some last-minute shopping to do (for other people, and I am still looking for a garnet ring for myself), Saturday night I'm going with Katy and whoever else wants to go to Radost, then from there - and I know this will be insane - we're going straight to try to get really close to see Obama!!! I can't believe he's coming to Prague, I'm so excited. I am toying the idea of making a sign that says something about Pittsburgh, and if I'm close enough maybe he'd notice it! But probably not, I doubt you can get that close to the President of the United States. That's kind of a big deal.

:)

It will be cool enough just to hear him speak.. in PRAGUE.

2 comments:

  1. Lord, how I miss you! When I hear about you're not feeling well I want to be there to bring you a cup of tea and make you feel better. That wold be EXTREMELY cool if you could see Obama! Ready to watch Lost in a couple of minutes. Nighty-night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Mom :) I am fine though, I will spend tonight sleeping it off and will be 100%ready for tomorrow's festivities. Okay maybe more like 80% but I will go anyway. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete