Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pensamientos

Admittedly, I am kind of enjoying all the German rap on European MTV. I do not enjoy, however, that Family Guy is on only in German :( I'm dying for some real TV shows.

I need to buy an alarm clock. I think it's a good investment for two months; I have a wake-up call set up but I can't hit snooze on that.

I am having breakfast with Jasper this morning. That will be nice.

I'm really excited for Moff to arrive - it will be nice to have a *really* familiar face around.

I met a few people from Prague GSO yesterday, thanks to Michael. They are really nice, but I don't recognize any of their names.

I forgot to give Farid his stuff yesterday, but today I will take it to him and let you know (Maira, Tara, and Mom) how he likes it :) He got really excited when we were walking after work yesterday a bit, when I mentioned it - he said it's like Christimas.

I didn't eat my jellybeans that I brought yet - I am saving them for a real "homesick emergency".

My hair looks nicer here than it does in the US. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the water, or my new Czech shampoo (it's not really Czech, just the bottle is - it's Dove brand). Either way I am pleased by that.

My feet are killing me - they are pretty cut up from the shoes I wore yesterday, combined with all the walking. Today I'm wearing the comfiest shoes I have, and I don't care how they look with my outfit. Nobody really seems to care about that stuff here anyway. I didn't see one girl wearing fancy shoes yet.

I think that's it. Gotta go get ready to meet Jasper and get to work. Still doing okay :)

Much love!

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun watching your inauguration into European life, the little things we take for granted here that you miss, and the little joys you find unexpectedly. I'm so glad you're writing this blog! And by all means, go for comfortable feet--you'd be miserable if you really developed corns or blisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gonna start wearing fancy shoes! When the snow stops finally.

    ReplyDelete