Thursday, February 26, 2009

I got a call on the AS-FREEDOM-BIDDING line, but I don't know any Freedom speakers.

Yesterday was really fun. Well work was hard, by the end of the day I couldn't even think straight. My UAT presentation (the document) is sent away for final approval, and the actual presentation itself is tomorrow from 5-7pm CET. I will be glad to be in an office, after hours, getting through this when everyone else (for the most part) is gone. Phew. I will be a really happy girl at 7pm on Friday. And I intend to celebrate with many Staropramens and Becherovkas.

After work I went with the whole group to TGI Friday's. Well, first we went to a million Czech places, but none had tables for 9, so we kept moving along and eventually ended at Friday's. We had some food, lots of drinks (ladies' night, every other cocktail was free, so I had 4 margaritas and paid for two:), also a Becherovka, and we all sat around having a lot of fun and talking and laughing. It started to dwindle a after a couple hours, we moved the party (Tiago, Dan, Naima, Leila and me) to another part of town to another bar.

We walked across the bridge, which I hadn't done yet. It was really nice, a very beautiful view, and it was a good group of people. We walked through some of those tiny streets I love so much and got to a little bar.

Inside the bar there were two guys playing chess, one guy smoking what we are pretty sure was not a cigarette, a funny little dog that barked from time to time to remind us that he was there, some tables of friends, and us.

We told stories about playfully torturing siblings when we were little, ghost stories, work stories, dreams (actual dreams, not like, "I want to be an astronaut someday"). We learned things about each other, like that Naima tricked her little sister into swallowing a marble when she was young, that Moff has a recurring dream about playing basketball in an oven, , that Leila scared her husband once by making herself look creepy wih toothpaste dripping out of her mouth, and that Tiago used to have squares on his theets. (I'm just teasing you, queridinho:). And just so I'm not the only one who isn't called out here, I shared the fact that as a kid I used to have a very frequent dream that I'd turn into a piece of paper with a head and arms and float down staircases. :)

We did a shot of tequila together and drank some more drinks and just enjoyed each other's company.

The above scene is pretty much how I'd sum up Prague, from my experience so far anyway. Life seems to slow down. Where I'd normally say, after work in Pittsburgh, that I need to get home and do this many things and get to sleep at a decent hour, here nobody cares. Every night of the week you can find something going on, try a new bar, a new club, a new street. This city really does have quite a charm about it. I think I could spend a long time and still not see everything and everywhere here.

People have said that you can see all there is to see in just a few days, that the city is a lot smaller than it looks.. but each little place feels so new to me. One bar to another feels different... different people, different vibe, different rhythm.

Anyway just some random thoughts.

I had this half-saved from before, I need to publish and get back to the grind.


Hugs to you, Pittsburgh - you'll always be my number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment