Sunday, February 22, 2009

Moffers and Me

At the end of the last post, Moff had called my room and said he'd be down in a minute :) Prior to that, I was doing laundry all day. The machine they're letting me use is WACK - there are like 500 settings both the washer and dryer. Also the washer takes 71 minutes (there is a timer that shows you) to do one wash load, and the dryer takes 140 minutes!! Back home it's like 25 mins to wash and an hour maximum to dry, and that's when I have like hoodies and jeans and stuff. Oh well, I am grateful to have a place to do laundry - I'd be effed without it.

Anyway back to Moff. We are on the same floor of the hotel. I am so happy to see him. We caught up for a few mins in my room and then went out to a Mexican restaurant, chilled out with some Staropramens. After that we rode the escalators that go down to the metro. People looked at us a bit funny for riding down and then going right back up again, but he thought it was as insane as I did and it was a fun time.

After dinner Moff went back to the hotel and I went shoe shopping at a place called Diechmann's (I think), because the shoes I brought are not serving their purposes here (which are 1. not giving me blisters and 2. keeping my feet dry in all these Prague puddles).

So I bought two pairs which were about $25-30 USD each. Not bad. :)

So to sum up, I've got a movie starring Usher (Urrsher) going on HBO in the background, a tummy full of quesadilla, two cool new pairs of shoes, and a lot of clean clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment