Monday, November 2, 2009

Last night's dream

I don't usually get so into these things but my dream last night was just so strikingly odd and vivid that I had to jot it down somewhere.

I don't remember all the details, but two parts of it stick out:

1. I drew a line with a big stick of pink sidewalk chalk on the sidewalk all the way from Dante's Barber Shop (where my brother used to get his hair cut when we were little) up to my house, which is about.. oh... 4 blocks or so. When I got home, I left my mom a note on the kitchen table saying, "You can use the pink line to see where I was today!" And the tone of that could be misread here, but it was a friendly tone, like it was some kind of neat "invention" so she could see where I'd been.

2. This is the really weird part - I was in my bathroom at home getting ready to take a shower. I had the water running as I was doing some other things and the drain was clogged, so the water wasn't draining.. so it was like a shower running into a bath, more or less. I heard a smack noise but didn't think of it, but the sound had reminded me of when a bug keeps smacking into a lightbulb, and I am really scared of bugs (in the dream and in real life) so I went to look. And I saw one black butterfly flying around the light, and then it fell into the water and drowned. And lying in the water was a total of eight black butterflies (not completely black, but like in the picture below), all dead. And I screamed for my mom, who came with a net of some kind and got rid of them.


You can't tell me that both those scenes aren't just a bit off-putting. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Did you eat some Czech mushrooms over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dream book suggests this:

    Chalk - if you are using chalk...public honors. If you hold hands full of chalk...disappointment is foretold.

    Butterflies - seeing them flying...news from absent friends by letter, or by someone who has seen them. just dreaming of them in general....culminating love life.

    They did not have pink, black, or eight....but that could hold a key to something too :)

    creepy dreams though...creepy dreams.

    ReplyDelete