Monday, November 16, 2009

Fast weekend, slow weekday

This weekend was insane.

Let's start out with the fact that I wake up around 6:30am on weekdays, and the same went for Friday. The day at work was a good one. I gave Beliza her birthday presents, we got to have lunch together, and we had delicious cake in her honor at the end of the day.

After work I rushed home, somehow thinking I'd have time for a nap, but I quickly realized I didn't really have any time for anything. I got dressed as quickly as possible, met up with Shannon, went to Tesco to buy wine, and then off to dinner at Beli's house. Pedro cooked a fantastic meal - a baked chicken, a really nice pea soup, potatoes and vegetables, plus a lemon cake for dessert. We ate and drank wine and had a wonderful time, and then headed out to Exit (a bar in Žižkov).

The entire world came to Beli's party. We had an entire room packed full of people at the bar, and then everyone came to Akropolis afterward once Exit ran out of beer (which seems absurd in the Czech Republic!)

So up to Akropolis we went, and to be honest I kind of expected not to like the place. I'd heard it was mostly house music, and I really hate electronic music. But you know, I had the best time ever. We took a ton of pictures, danced and drank all night, and everyone really seemed to have a fantastic time - I know I did. We had a hilarious trip home, but I did make it home safely around 4:30am. :)

The next day we couldn't get up to save our lives. We managed to meet up around 3pm to get some food - a big Czech meal is the greatest thing in the world after a night of partying like that. After eating, Beliza and Shannon and I walked up to Prague Castle, then down and back across Charles Bridge. We met up with Marta and some of her friends at Duende, and had a delicious Georgian meal.

Around 9pm I headed home and said my goodbye to Shannon at her hotel door. I got home, got ready, and then left to meet with Henrique at IP Pavlova. I sort of had plans to go to Radost with Katy and Derrick (and Henrique), but I couldn't get a hold of Katy, so Henrique invited me to Mecca. I'd never been there before and he kept trying to get me to go try out electronic music with him swearing that I'd really like it, so I humored him and gave it a shot.

We got there around 1am and the DJ started just a little bit after we arrived. We had some drinks, danced, listened to the music... at the end of the night some asian guy asked me to dance, but at that point I was tired and politely refused. :) At 3am, Mr. Tipsy grabbed my arm and just said, "Come on." That was what he said instead of saying, "I'm tired, do you want to head home?" :) We got our coats and left. He ran and got on a tram, which was not the right tram for me, so we parted ways.

I walked around Holešovice for a while trying to find a tram that would take me home. Once I did, I still had about 25 minutes to wait. On the tram I fell asleep for a few minutes, not out of drunkenness but out of exhaustion. When I woke up, there was a Nigerian winking at me. We chatted a bit but I declined when he asked if we could go for coffee or exchange numbers - those dudes are trouble.

And that was that. Sunday was just what I needed - a day of relaxation, lots of sleep, cooking, laundry, and talking to my mom on the phone. :)

And here I am back at work, which is actually kind of a relief - it's always nice to get back on a normal schedule.

Ciao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment