Friday, November 13, 2009

Abuse by Neglect

Dear Blog,

I'm so sorry I've been neglecting you. It was such a busy week with Shannon visiting Prague that I just haven't had time. Work was crazy busy because I had to work as Auction Admin (alone) all week, and that makes for some rough days. Nevertheless, I am here now.

As mentioned, the week at work was a hectic one. Shannon was visiting and we are having a really nice time. I went to meet her at the airport on Sunday, after a nice evening out with Beliza and hanging with my new Egyptian friend from Bombay (the club, not the city:). We went to a Czech lunch/dinner (where Shan got Italian food:) and then met up later to have a beer with my couchsurfing friend Khaled and his Czech friend Renata. It was a nice calm first day.

Monday we went to Potrafena Husa after work with her team plus a couple others. It was a very nice time, full of good conversation.. :-D

Tuesday we took it easy and went shopping after work. I wanted some new boots and found two good pairs for a good price, one of which gave me heel blisters on the first and only day I wore them. It's okay, I know they'll get comfy :) Then we went to a place for dinner where we saw falafel advertised on the board outside. It came out that I am Palestinian and the guy gave us free bread, baklawa, and coffee. Three cheers for the Arab discount - I'm glad to see it works in all countries :)

Wednesday I made a nice meal at my house and invited a few people. Shannon, Henrique, and Hamed (the Egyptian) were the guests. Dinner was fantastic and then we played wii for a few hours. Definitely a fun night.

Thursday we went after work with Jasper and Diana to a middle eastern restaurant near Narodni Divadlo, near the river. It was awesome food, but kind of crappy service. No skin off my back, though - I was in no hurry and the food was incredible.

And here we are today :) A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend Beliza. We will go to her house shortly for a dinner cooked by Pedro (and I know him enough to know that this is excellent news:), then to a bar called Exit in Zizkov where we will start the evening of fun. After that, who knows?

Tomorrow: sightseeing and birthday dinner for Marta, and Sunday Sha-na-na goes bye-bye-bye!

I will be better about updating this next week. I promise :)

With love, your faithful owner,
Alia

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! And thanks for the GREAT time I had yesterday!! :)

    ReplyDelete