Saturday, July 11, 2009

The week

It's been a long week, and it's finally Saturday. You'd think a week in which I had two days off would be relaxing, but it wasn't. There's so much to do and no time to do it. I keep thinking on weekends I'll get some preparation done, but the weekends are so busy and I still can't help but feel that I deserve SOME downtime. Maybe I need to stop thinking I deserve such a luxury, just for a month or so until I'm settled. :)

Wednesday night I went with a group of people from work to see the Pittsburgh Banjo Club for *maybe* the last time. Maybe I'll try to make it once more before I leave. Jasper cracked me up; I invited him to come and he told me later that he was expecting some hot club, but there we were at the Elks Lodge, the youngest people in the room (everyone is over 65 or so). But he had a good time and that made me happy :) Shen was a first-timer, too, and she loved it as well. I'm glad when activities I plan don't flop.

Thursday I was off. I took my mom to her physical therapy appointment (she had a recent shoulder surgery and can't drive for a while), picked up my brother at the airport, and took it easy the rest of the day for the most part.

Yesterday after work we had happy hour. Diana, one of my favorite people in the world, is here from the Prague office, so we went to have some drinks after work. We all had a blast, we had a good group that pretty much died down after a few hours. After that Shannon and I went down to Station Square and had dinner at Bar Louie, then went dancing at Barroom which really wasn't that fun (lots of hoes, not a lot of cute boys, you know the drill). My bro picked us up around 12:30am or so, and we got back to the house a little before 2. I think I was asleep before I even got into bed.

Today Raquel is having a picnic at her house. I made a pineapple upside-down cake this morning, and I need to make a tortilla española now. I don't know what's going on with how I'm getting there, but my bro will take me I'm sure. I think it will be a really good time, despite the gray skies. Tomorrow I have to take my brother to the airport very early, and then do some running around for my mom.

Whatever I end up having to do tomorrow will not be a fraction as cool as going to see thousands of cute puppies, which is pretty much how I imagined tomorrow would go :( It probably didn't really look like that but even one would have been worth it. Oh well, sometimes dreams just don't come true.

:)

Sorry I'm boring. I'll be more interesting starting August 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment