Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is this real or...

It's really sinking in now.

Yesterday this is how my schedule went:

4am: wake up
5:45am: take off to NYC
7am: arrive in NYC
7:15am: have breakfast with girl I met in line for breakfast at the airport
8:30am: get a taxi to Czech consulate
9am: arrive (first and only one in line, woohoo!)
9:30am: consulate opens, I am called in
9:33am: I am done
9:45am: I get a cab back to the airport in hopes of an earlier flight back to PGH (no such luck, so I did crossword puzzles and waited for the plane)
12:30pm: plane takes off for PGH
1:45pm: arrive in PGH

Sounds like kind of a pointless trip, but I have my visa for 90 days (to start) so I'm all set. I have to go get my long-term visa sometime in October, then.

So, today was spent getting things ready to go. My room looks so empty (read: clean, for once). Everything is just about in order, the last thing to go through are my clothes. I have everything ready for the movers to pack. They're coming tomorrow morning between 8 and 9am. I wonder how that works? I hope they aren't mad that there's stuff in three different sections of the house (there's a big pile in the basement room, a big pile in the kitchen, and a big pile upstairs).

I went shopping yesterday after I got back from NYC and, in addition to some cute new clothes, I got a little present for Jose because he's been so helpful with all my questions, helping me with apartments, etc. I also have a little something for Leila, and I absolutely cannot wait to give it to her. I am deliberately taking it in my suitcase and not packing it in the air shipment because I wouldn't be able to wait :)


Well, I really should get back to work. I've got a long evening ahead of me, as I haven't begun the clothes yet.. and that's by far the biggest job. I am a shopping junkie, after all, and cannot part with any of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment