Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2 weeks...

In 2 weeks I will have spent my first night in Prague as a RESIDENT. Not just a tourist, but I'll live there. That's crazy.. every time I think of not living in Pittsburgh I get weirded out. I've traveled more than a lot of people around where I live (and less than a lot of people, of course), but I've never called anywhere else "home". The rest of my time here is pretty well booked, so this is pretty much it.

I said my first big goodbyes to my family, because my dad and his wife and my little brother and sister have gone to Kuwait, and won't be back until after I'm gone. My farewell happy hour is this Friday. Saturday I'm sure I'll go out somewhere with my friends, and then Sunday will be my last salsa night. I'll work Monday and Tuesday next week, I'm off Wednesday to get things ready to pack, Thursday the movers come to take all of my things to be shipped, Friday I'll work, Saturday I'll pack my suitcases, and Sunday... I'm gone.

Oh yeah, and one of these days I have to go to NYC to pick up my visas - I hope that's sooner than later - I'm getting nervous about it!

I hope this works out as well as I'm hoping it will. Here's hoping I wasn't just temporarily charmed by Prague, only to arrive and absolutely hate it. Here's hoping I make good friends who I can talk to like I talk to Tara, Ash, Maira, and Shannon. Here's hoping I find a place to live and that I am okay financially. Here's hoping for happiness.

Oh, Pittsburgh... I am going to miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment