Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bits and Pieces

- Lucerna (as mentioned in my last entry) was super fun!! They played all kinds of great music from the 80s and 90s. Some of it I'd never heard before but Beliza could sing right along (Euro-famous songs:) and others that I freaked out over, she'd never heard. So it was a fun mix. We danced with some drunk Czech guys and even shared our beers with them. No funny business, just dancing and a lot of air guitar. :-D

- Saw Sherlock Holmes. Enjoyed it but wasn't overly impressed.

- Tried to join a gym here with a couple of girls from the office, who are already going there. It's called "Contours" and is a 30 minute workout for women only where you go in a circle of machines. Sound familiar, America? :) Anyway I needed an appointment so I'm going on January 30th. I feel crappy since I'm walking a lot less, since all of Prague is covered in inches of ice and slush, so I'll try this out for a few months at least and then go back to my long walks around the city and along the riverside once the weather is nice again :)

- I'm going to Spain this summer with my mom!! We're still in the planning phase but it's definitely happening.

- Coolest thing ever - I am going to see Rachid Taha live!! We happened to see the sign to see him at Lucerna and Beliza and I had no idea that the other loved him. I never in a million years, when I first started listening to him as recommendation by Amazon.com, that I would get to see him!! He probably never plays on the US, but here he's famous. 700Kc for the tickets but SO worth it. Diana is coming, too - I played her one song the other morning to tempt her and in the first 10 seconds she was 100% in :)


Tomorrow is Thursday and I'm absolutely ready for the weekend. It's been a rough week at work. Though I will say this: much as I hate giving trainings, I really am good at it. And when they're over, I feel like I actually DID something. I do a lot of work every day but none of it ever feels like I'm really doing something somehow. I've found that two tasks (and they are broad ones) make me feel good about life: helping customers directly with their problems and making them happy, and training people, either internally or externally. I guess that's nerdy, but at least I'm not part of that vast percentage of people who hate their jobs.


Ciao, lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment