Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rat Cream

Today I was having a conversation over a pizza lunch with Henrique.

Me: Did you ever hear that fable about the donkey in the hole?
Henrique: No, I don't think so.. which one is that?
Me: I forget the details, but something about how the donkey is trapped in a hole, and he's old, so rather than try to get him out, the people start to just throw dirt on him to bury him. But with every bit of dirt that they throw in, he begins to climb up bit by bit, and he ends up getting out of the whole.
Henrique: Ah yeah, that's a nice moral. I heard that story before but not with a donkey.. it was about a rat who turned into a cream.
Me: (outburst of laughter at the absurdity)... WHAT?!?!
Henrique: Really! A rat in a blender.. he turns into cream... something like this. I can't remember the details.
Me: (still laughing)
Henrique: The rat... he is in this liquid... and there's a mixer, you know that thing that you use to mix... and it turns to cream.. so he climbs out.
Me: So the rat is part of the cream? It's a rat in a blender?
Henrique: I can't remember, I just know that the liquid becomes a cream and he climbs out.
Me: So the rat is okay? The rat isn't part of the cream...
Henrique: No, he climbs out!! I will find it for you on the internet. It's a true story.

Upon him saying in his most little-boy-man-voice, "It's a true story!" I really lost it. I fell into a hole of laughter so deep that I needed townspeople to throw dirt on me so I could climb out again.


If only I didn't have to return to work after so much fun...

3 comments:

  1. xDDD
    I would like to know how the rat got out of the cream if he was himself blended in the mixer together with the milk... Rat cream indeed... xDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've heard that story, but he wasn't in a blender or anything. it was just that his struggle to get out churns the milk into cream or whatever and just like the donkey he was able to climb out. It's a pretty gross story hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes! Now it rings a bell!!! And makes sense ;)
    Thanks, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete