Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Long weekends are awesome. Top it off with the fact that for the first time probably since I got back from Prague, I didn't have any work to do. I mean I probably could have invented some, but nothing was pressing. So I reeeeeally got to relax.

You know, since I got back, I have been dropping nearly everything I pick up. It's insanely frustrating. Nothing messy so far, thank goodness, but if I pick up a cup to go get a drink, I will drop the cup. If I pick up a CD to put it in the player, I drop it. If someone asks me to hand them something, it will fall to the floor before it gets to their hands. Worse even, if I go to pick something up, I will knock several other things over in the meantime (example: just this week I went to pick up a water bottle from my nightstand and my remote control, a small notepad, and a framed photo fell to the floor).

I mentioned this to my mom and she reminded me that the old Arab remedy to dropping everything is to pee on your hand. I decided dropping things wasn't so bad.

After this continued for some time, I mentioned it to my mom again. "It's been weeks, and I am still dropping everything."
"Did you pee on your hand?"
"Not yet."
Then she thought for a moment and said, "I bet I know what it is."
"Oh?"
"I haven't seen you calm since you got back. You're always bogged down with something, you're always rushing, and you always have something you need to be doing. You're always in a hurry. You're probably just moving too fast."

I kind of agreed but I shrugged it off. Then this weekend I thought about that, and I realized that this whole weekend I really didn't drop anything, not that I can remember anyway (I tend to notice it now, since I saw the pattern and all). This weekend was so relaxing and fun. Friday night I went to the movies with Ash, Saturday I went clothes shopping with my mom in Cranberry and had a nice lunch out, then a coffee, and she bought me two new Wii games (belated birthday present), and then went out dancing. Sunday I spent the whole day with Hernaldo, and then we went dancing with Tara last night again. Today was a pretty lazy day... I went to Robinson Mall, had a nice dinner, and played some Wii.

And then it was around 9pm or so that I started to notice. I was washing the dishes left from dinner and I did it again. I started dropping just-washed silverware all over the floor. I went to put a cooking spoon away and knocked over the canister. I went to the basement to get my clothes from the dryer and sent the little detergent measuring cups (there are 4) all over the place while trying to pick one up. And finally, when I went to pick up the shampoo in the shower just a bit ago, I sent it (along with the conditioner and the face wash) in a crash to the floor. And the only reason I can think of is that I'm back to work tomorrow.

Either I really do get unconsciously stressed out by work, or this is just turning into a mental thing. I'm not sure which is better. :)

It's midnigh and I wake up at 4:30... I should get to sleep. Yep, things are back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment