Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Aventuras - Part 1

This past weekend was freaking awesome. It was how every weekend should be before I make my big move.

Friday night I hung out with Ash. We did some running around, had dinner, saw a movie, and then I hung out with Tara for some Wii. We watched a movie, but my having gotten up that day around 4:45am caused me to fall asleep about 10 minutes into it. It was okay because I saw it before.

Saturday I got a call from Tara around 9:15am or so, I had woken up about 10 minutes before that and was still lying in bed. "Dude, we should go see a psychic today."
"I'm down."
"Awesome, I'll call the place."
"Hey, you know what else we should do? Go to Living Treasures Animal Park."
"I'm soooo in."

We went to lunch, and it was there at the pizza buffet that I believe the fate or the guiding light or the guiding force or whatever you want to call it kicked in. We totally ran into Micol Rankin, a guy from high school who we still reminisce about because he was seriously the funniest guy we ever met. As it turns out, he was just here visiting his family and was leaving back to Atlanta the next day. We caught up briefly and he made us laugh all over again. Micol, if you ever see this, it was awesome to see you!

After that we went to the psychic. Now, Tara and I had this little idea before, except we went to someone else. The lady we went to the first time was really nice, had a little dog who played with us the whole time, and let us go in together and hear the other's reading. More importantly, the stuff she knew/said was crazy true! She was a little off on the timeline, but she asked me out of nowhere if I was bilingual, and told me I'd be making a huge move to somewhere unexpected, and some other stuff about money that I won't go into here but let me just say, it was all totally accurate!

We should have gone to her. But instead, we went to this one. This one was in a creepy shack that looked like a living room on the inside. She didn't let us sit together, rather she took us each into a little office separately. To sum up my reading, I am incredibly bored with my life and don't like my job, I find my job to be stifling and wish that I could find something with more exciting opportunities (um, yeah, a promotion and a move to Europe is sooo boring, gee I wish life could be more exciting). Then she said that my inner crystal was shattered beyond repair, and that due to this, I will never find true love since I am like a broken bottle that cannot be filled. I *might* get married when I'm in my late 30s, but the marriage will be doomed to fail and I'll never be happy after that. Apparently someone broke my heart so completely that I'm now tainted and can never love again (I was unaware of this fact, as all I've ever had were normal breakups, almost always ending on friendly terms). Wow, sounds gloomy, right?

Lucky for me, she can fix my crystal for a mere $300.

Tara's reading was equally bullshit. The whole thing lasted around 10 minutes and she didn't tell me one solid piece of information.

It was okay, because after that we went to LIVING TREASURES ANIMAL PARK. For you Prahans, this is a makeshift zoo that has about 1/3 the animals. The most exciting animal they have there is a tiger, which I admit is pretty freaking cool, and the rest of the animals are things like goats, sheep, donkeys, llamas, and chickens. Oh and there is a porcupine, and a couple of monkeys. The best part is, you can buy a bucket of feed or a bag of carrots (or in the case of Tara and me, two of each:), and feed the animals from your hand. I totally made best friends with the llamas.

From Living Treasures - Cleveland


After that.. we decided to go to Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment